Can I convert my conservatory into an orangery or extension?
Yes, it is possible to convert a conservatory to an orangery or an extension but it’s not as easy as it sounds. Extensions, and often orangeries, will require Building Regulations and therefore a completely new structure will normally be required in order to satisfy local authority requirements.
A surveyor would need to come out and assess your property and conservatory in order to make a judgement over the feasibility of converting to an orangery or extension. It’s not impossible by any means, so please book an appointment if you would like to discuss this.
We have recently launched replacement conservatory roofs and tiled conservatory roofs, so if you’d rather convert your conservatory this way, it may be a lot easier to achieve.
- Why is my conservatory mouldy, damp or have condensation?
- Why does my conservatory roof leak?
- Why is my conservatory cold?
- Why is my conservatory full of flies?
- Why does my conservatory smell?
- Slipped conservatory panels
- There's a leak near the finial point
- There's algae on my conservatory roof
- The double glazing in my conservatory has misted up / the sealed unit has blown
- How to clean a conservatory roof
- How to keep my conservatory warm in the winter
- How to keep my conservatory cool in the summer
- Extending a conservatory
- How can I replace my conservatory roof?
- Can I convert my conservatory into an orangery or extension?