Anglian Home Improvements are the sponsors of this years Britain in Bloom. We have been receiving applications for upcoming projects for communities across the UK. Here is one from Bath.
The Bath in Bloom Committee is a voluntary group supported in their work by Bath and North East Somerset Council. To date, their only on-line presence has been a limited number of pages on the Council’s website. The group is keen to develop its own, stand alone website in relation to its entries to South West in Bloom/Britain in Bloom and for our own Bath in Bloom competition. In addition, at present, there are five entries to South West in Bloom in the Bath and North East Somerset area and we would propose to have information and links relevant to all of them.
There are marks to be gained in In Bloom for publicity and raising awareness, as well as a Judges’ Discretionary Award for the best website. To have a local In Bloom website would help strengthen Bath’s entry to this year’s Britain in Bloom final, as well as future entries to South West in Bloom.
A dedicated website would enable us to provide information about Britain in Bloom, South West in Bloom, the It’s Your Neighbourhood Awards and the local Bath in Bloom competition in one, easily accessible, place. This would help dispel confusion between the competitions and we hope would encourage greater understanding and participation.
It would give additional publicity to existing projects and sponsors. We hope that this, in turn, will inspire further local groups, organizations, businesses and communities to get involved.
In Bath and North East Somerset we have seen the positive improvements that In Bloom can bring to participating communities:-
• Increased community pride through local people taking responsibility for the planning and management of their local environment
• Long term improvement of the local environment, not just in terms of floral displays but overall management and cleanliness
• Stimulation of voluntary work and co-operation between community groups.
• Closer co-operation between community groups and the local parish and district councils
• Reduction in vandalism and graffiti
• Increased investment and sponsorship in the community from private business
• Involvement of a broad cross section of the community (eg different age groups)
• Significant and long term regeneration of disadvantaged areas
• The encouragement of recycling, energy conservation and other sustainable practices
• Satisfaction of working towards a meaningful common goal both locally and as part of a UK wide campaign involving thousands.
• Local, regional and potentially national recognition of the community
We would use the website to showcase how Bath and other communities in Bath and North East Somerset are achieving this through participation in In Bloom.
Anglian Home Improvements raising the standard since 1966. Visit the Anglian website for information on our range of conservatories.