Why does my conservatory roof leak?
If your conservatory roof is leaking, that means there's a gap or crack where there shouldn’t be, and this needs to be assessed by a professional. Note down as much information about the leak as you can – do you know where the leak is coming from? When does it happen? Is it worse if the wind is blowing in a certain direction? Take photos as well, if you can. All this will help diagnose the problem much faster.
All conservatories are designed to be watertight and shouldn’t let in any water no matter how hard it rains. A leak can lead to all sorts of problems within your conservatory, from damage to flooring, walls and furniture, to electrical faults. This is why it's important to diagnose and cure the leak quickly – if you leave it too long, it could be an extra cost to you to repair more damage.
When looking for a conservatory leak, check along the finial point, the wall to which the conservatory is adjoined or along the beams between each pane of glass. These are the most common areas affected by leaks. You'll need a professional to come out and assess the damage further and put a fix in place as quickly as possible. This will possibly require them to remove panes from the roof and reseal the area they’re connected to.
We wouldn’t recommend you trying to fix a leak yourself, as this could void your warranty and cause more damage, plus you could put yourself at risk of harm.
If you still have any additional questions or would like more information, speak to a member of our team today.
- Why is my conservatory mouldy, damp or have condensation?
- Why does my conservatory roof leak?
- Why is my conservatory cold?
- Why is my conservatory full of flies?
- Why does my conservatory smell?
- Slipped conservatory panels
- There's a leak near the finial point
- There's algae on my conservatory roof
- The double glazing in my conservatory has misted up / the sealed unit has blown
- How to keep my conservatory warm in the winter
- How to keep my conservatory cool in the summer
- Extending a conservatory
- How can I replace my conservatory roof?
- Can I convert my conservatory into an orangery or extension?