The double glazing in my conservatory has misted up / the sealed unit has blown
Double glazing is a sealed unit, which means if it has misted up between the panes of glass then there is a fault in the unit and moisture is getting in somewhere. It only needs a tiny pin-sized hole for moisture to get in, so the fault might not be visible to the naked eye. All of our gas-filled sealed units have a 15-year guarantee, so contact us if you need to speak to someone about your double glazing misting up.
Should you sealed unit become misted in between the panes of glass it will be compromising the performance of the window. This means heat will be escaping through the glass much easier, so it’s worth getting it replaced. Leave it and moisture will build on the inside and begin pooling at the bottom of the sealed unit.
The hole causing the misting can appear anywhere on the seal of the unit – this is the area around the two panes of glass. This is what makes it harder to diagnose and sort a quick fix. Alternatively, it could be caused by a crack or chip in the window, but this is much more obvious and you’ll probably have already alerted your window provider. In either case, the whole sealed unit will need replacing.
All of our gas-filled sealed units have a 15-year guarantee, so contact us if you need to speak to someone about your double glazing misting up.
If you still have any additional questions or would like more information, speak to a member of our team today.
- Why is my conservatory mouldy, damp or have condensation?
- Why does my conservatory roof leak?
- Why is my conservatory cold?
- Why is my conservatory full of flies?
- Why does my conservatory smell?
- Slipped conservatory panels
- There's a leak near the finial point
- There's algae on my conservatory roof
- The double glazing in my conservatory has misted up / the sealed unit has blown
- How to keep my conservatory warm in the winter
- How to keep my conservatory cool in the summer
- Extending a conservatory
- How can I replace my conservatory roof?
- Can I convert my conservatory into an orangery or extension?