Is mould forming on your windows?
There is nothing worse than having mould in your home, especially around your windows, but what is causing it and how can you prevent it?
The most likely cause of mould around your windows is condensation. If you can prevent the condensation building up, mould shouldn’t grow. To get rid of the mould on your windows, used a clean 50/50 mix of warm water and Milton fluid, scrubbing it off with a soft cloth. This will preserve the state of the silicon and seals beneath, whilst removing the stubborn mould that’s started to grow.
Condensation can be a real pain to deal with, but we have all of the answers here on our ‘How to prevent condensation’ page. Once you’ve got this information, you should have sparkling, mould free windows once again.
- I have draughty windows – what should I do?
- Do my windows need resealing?
- There’s a gap between my window pane and the frame – what do I do?
- My window hinge is broken, how do I fix it?
- How to fix a stiff or loose window hinge
- How to clean uPVC windows
- My window is hard to open/close
- Is mould forming on your windows?