Peace of mind
10 year guarantees
Find out more
9 out of 10 would recommend*
9 OUT OF 10
Why does my conservatory smell?
If you have a nasty smell in your conservatory then it could be due to a number of reasons. The first thing you should do is check thoroughly to find the source of the smell. It may turn out to be something that is easily removed, but if the source isn’t easy to find, there’s a few things to consider.
Has your conservatory been built on top of a drain? If so, then this could be an issue, so it might be worth checking whether drains are the cause of the smell. Another possible cause is damp. If you have damp in your conservatory then ensure it’s properly ventilated, or you could use a dehumidifier to reduce the amount of moisture in the conservatory.
As with most rooms in the house, conservatories can also develop a musty smell simply if they’re left unused for too long. Therefore, try and use your conservatory as much as possible and keep it well ventilated by opening windows and doors.
- Why is my conservatory mouldy, damp or have condensation?
- Why does my conservatory roof leak?
- Why is my conservatory cold?
- Why is my conservatory full of flies?
- Why does my conservatory smell?
- Slipped conservatory panels
- There's a leak near the finial point
- There's algae on my conservatory roof
- The double glazing in my conservatory has misted up / the sealed unit has blown
- How to clean a conservatory roof
- How to keep my conservatory warm in the winter
- How to keep my conservatory cool in the summer
- Extending a conservatory
- How can I replace my conservatory roof?
- Can I convert my conservatory into an orangery or extension?