Anglian Knights Break 2 Personal Records

By on 23rd August in Our Company News

The Anglian Knights pre-season has been a successful one so far. Manager Phil Perriton and Head Coach, Martin Smith have been working well together to get the best out of the team, the new signings are settling in and the team is bonding brilliantly. This was shown on Wednesday evening in their friendly against Ketts Tavern, who the Knights will be playing in the league this season.

The Knights, sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements, got off to a good start against a Ketts Tavern who had just managed to scrape a team together. The ball was being spread about brilliantly by Anglian, but it wasn’t until the 20th minute before the deadlock was broken.

Anglian won a free-kick on the edge of the area with youth product, Ellis Watts chipping the ball into the penalty area to an unmarked Louie Watts who nodded the ball home. 1-0

Anglian Knights Vs Ketts Tavern

Some would’ve thought the Knights would’ve continued to pile on the pressure and bury a few more goals, but they seemed to take their foot off the pedal and it turned into a scrappy rushed game. The only other major talking point of the first half was the appalling tackle by a Ketts player who appeared to drop kick Matt Jillings in the chest. This reckless challenge brought the first half to a close. Manager Perriton took off goal-scorer Louie Watts and strike partner Jack Hurrell, right winger Josh Taubman, left winger Matt Jillings, central midfielder Mark Cook and left back Kierstan Foreman. They were replaced by regulars Kirk Lanckmans, Craig Kiddell, Liam Smith and Jim Newman, along with new signings Lee Kiddell and Matthew Nobbs.

The half-time team talk was obviously an inspirational one as Anglian doubled their lead through a left-footed strike from Lee Kiddell. Newman’s initial shot was well saved, but the rebound fell fortunately to Kiddell who smashed it in.

Anglian were in complete control at this point and added to their tally moments later when Craig Kiddell turned his marker who wiped him out in the area. Newman stepped up to grab his goal well, banging it into the bottom right corner of the net.

The mighty Knights never looked troubled at the back with experienced centre back Ian Probert controlling the back line with Kieron Orford and new keeper Reece Harrison barely had a touch of the ball.

Anglian Knights have a throw in

It was 4-0 with 15 minutes remaining when Matthew Nobbs was picked out just inside the box as he made no mistake slotting the ball into the net.

Salt was well and truly rubbed into the wound in the dying embers of the game when Jack Hurrell (subbed back on in 80th min) was put in on goal, tucking the ball round the outstretched keeper, rounding off a great performance for the Anglian Knights. Not only had the team in white kept their first ever clean sheet, but they had also got their biggest ever win and most goals scored in a single game!


big discounts on Anglian conservatories, click here to find out more