My window hinge is broken, how do I fix it?
If your windows are not opening or closing without a fight and a wiggle, then the hinges are probably the issue. This could’ve been caused by the window opening with too much force, the hinge dropping and snapping or it having a fault to start with.
Should the hinge on your window be completely broken, it will need replacing by Anglian as not to void the warranty, but not to worry as this is covered by the guarantee. It is a relatively easy fix, so shouldn’t take too much time.
Give Anglian a call on 0800 500 600 if you’re unsure on whether your hinge is broken or not as our advisors can help diagnose the issue or arrange for an engineer to visit.
If you window is stiff or loose to open, see our page how to fix a stiff or loose window hinge.
- I have draughty windows – what should I do?
- Do my windows need resealing?
- There’s a gap between my window pane and the frame – what do I do?
- My window hinge is broken, how do I fix it?
- How to fix a stiff or loose window hinge
- How to clean uPVC windows
- My window is hard to open/close
- Is mould forming on your windows?